Friday, 29 March 2013

Good Friday

No, I haven't popped my clogs. Been ' resting' but was inspired by the Easter Bake Off Master Class to have yet another go at Hot Cross Buns. Have had many attempts over the years   and produced many potential hand grenades and  lethal weapons until I gave up and paid Mr Morrison a visit. This time I tried Paul Hollywood's recipe. It sounded a bit strange as it called for chopped apple and orange zest but they certainly were success on a plate !! Much enjoyed and will certainly make more. Thank you Paul !

 Have also had an eye op since the last Blog. Four years ago the Optician said that I needed surgery to remove cataracts.At every annual visit for four years I stalled until I was struggling to check for any wins on ERNIE so decided to go ahead. At the assessment  I told  the surgeon that I was apprehensive-in fact downright scared and he said that I could go to sleep- ' er,no thank you, I might not wake up.' I was offered and settled for a valium fix . I was fortunate to be shunted to a private hospital even though I am a NHS patient . A wonderful place, dedicated, caring staff,a personal nurse, tea,coffee,biscuits on tap. I passed up on the fix and the op was over in the twinkling of an eye and I felt nothing at all. What a difference ! Everything is so clear and bright. Have had to stop looking in mirrors though . Couldn't stand the shock.

Sadly the local wool shop is closing down. There was a sale on so I bought some commercial wool. It seemed to be in lovely muted shades , reminiscent of heather clad moors in the mist. Now after the op. its turned into a rather violent purple and brilliant green wool cacophony - there is such a thing-see below !



Happy Easter to all !

10 comments:

Ms Sparrow said...

I'm glad to hear you had cataract surgery and it went so well! As one who avoids looking too closely at myself in the mirror, I can share your reaction. I guess we just have to keep reminding ourselves that the way we look is the image that our lovely ones hold onto. It really doesn't matter how we look to ourselves. I've never eaten a hot-cross bun but they look good!

Christine said...

Your hot cross buns look yummy. Glad you survived your cataract surgery and your knitting looks beautiful.

Joanne Noragon said...

I want my cataracts removed. I want the cacophony! If the doc puts it off another year I may have to stick a pencil in my eye to hurry this along.
Needless to say, I am thrilled you did it, and report what everyone else says: Everything is so clear and bright!

PixieMum said...

Paul Hollingwood has inspired a rush of baking. I made the bloomer loaf a couple of weeks ago, Ian made our hot cross buns from another recipe but still delicious for all of that.

Lovely to hear from you, glad all is well now.

Madeleine.

Dorothy said...

Where do I find the recipe? These look superb.

Excellent news about your eyes!

Regine Karpel said...

Yum and beautiful colors!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

estetik said...

Hey I just got through with the pages, I should say Ambrosial nice plan done there.Thanks for administering your ideas!!I in ability Accrue administering your bend admission it!
Estetik

helo win said...

nice post fairy wings
thanks....

Kelly Silva said...

Just want to say your post is awesome. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this field.
military shirts

Jiten Mallik said...

Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.

Bulk SMS provider in Bhubaneswar